We want to train you to become one of our Software Developer Consultants that specialises in Test Automation.
What is a Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET)?
Development is at the core of defining, developing and maintaining products for businesses and their customers. Development is a playground where you can create what’s needed when you need it.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) you play a vital role working within a cross-functional team, participating in the development of software with a primary focus being on the testability and performance of software applications.You’ll be able to set up full frameworks to perform thousands of tests in a heartbeat on multiple application platforms such as mobile, desktop and web. This feeds into every level of test whether it’s unit level, functional, performance and regression.
Automation is a major component of agile teams who work diligently to deliver value quickly and continuously. The execution of scripts and their application in the DevOps pipeline can mean delivery of functional code in unprecedented timeframes. You will become a highly proficient consultant; we believe in engineering first which means you will be able to design and write code with the additional benefits of being able to build automation frameworks and processes from scratch using C#.
- Previous experience of any programming language e.g. C#, Java, Python or similar languages
- Excellent team player
- A love for technology and its application
- Naturally curious about how things work
- An affinity for technology with a desire to improve technical skills
- A voracious appetite to find fault with software
- Prioritisation and organisational skills
- Clear and transparent communication
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Presentable, professional and punctual
- Able to travel throughout the UK
- You must be passionate about problem solving, collaboration, communication and making a personal impact on businesses
- Analytical mindset
Desirable but absolutely not essential – If you know them, great; If you don’t, we’ll teach you.
- Unit Testing
- Knowledge of Agile SDLCs
- We like STEM degrees, but we consider all applicants